- I always do this. It's family day, so I round everyone up for a big tournament of Push, or some other card game. And then I get SCHOOLED. #
- Professional kitchens have rubber mats underfoot. Mine has a large German shepherd. #
- Brian Jacques has died (http://tinyurl.com/4vv4dsp). The world he created lives on; every writer hopes for such a legacy. #
- Son cleans chicken shed, piles manure behind barn. Dog finds pile, chows down. Entire intestinal tract full of packed manure. Vet bill: $1K. #
- Cooking with Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc at Home. Never thought of brining a chicken in brine + honey, lemon, thyme, bay, peppercorns, parsley. #
- Half the congregation out with flu this morning. Is it too late to get a shot? #
- Cooking chicken and dumplings for sixteen people. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Showing 3 comments
My kids keep wanting a pet…especially a dog. I think that I could not handle it. I can barely manage when my own children’s intestines are not doing just fine. 🙂
I do hope your dog is okay. I didn’t mean to make light of a serious situation.
Your kitchen comment made me laugh! Ah, another reason I could not deal with a doggie. ha
My daughter wanted to go on a cruise. I saved and saved….the dog ate bread dough. Savings gone.
I saved and saved and saved….the dog..actually, I can’t remember what the dog did that time….all savings gone.
I gave up. Bloody dog. Never did go on a cruise.
My daughter is in college and I am trapped alone with the flu for a week now even after the flu shot. SO not right. Have spent the last few days traveling back through history with your delightful Story of the World Vol 2 for the Classical child now grown up! Thank you for saving me. Iam ordering the first one , yes for myself having grown up in the early 60s when we were taught that history began in 1492. Amazing writing. Great explanations for kids (and adults :). You have a the personality to be able to pull this off so effectively. Wish I could take one of your classes. Sincerely, Katie Black