- Tonight's good-to-be-home recreation: joy-riding around new farm road on RTV with kids/dogs hanging off every surface. #
- This is what happens when you take a two-week vacation: bills/letters/packages/STUFF accumulate on desk like dirty paper snowdrift. #
- Back to school, this morning. Kids are not filled with the joy of learning and discovery. #
- Back to writing history this morning. My brain apparently remembers nothing about history. My brain apparently HAS no history. #
- Heading off the grid to write. Yeah, I've just been off the grid for vacation, but this is "off the grid with many large reference books." #
- I smell like bacon. Not "I smell bacon." I smell LIKE bacon. Darned breakfast-cooking for six. #
- And now contemplating dinner: Something with eggs. Pullets are all laying, suddenly; nine dozen eggs in my fridge. #
- Working on Iberia and the Almohads. Must…eat…more…chocolate… #
- It's 54 degrees. Windows are open. Coffee's brewing. The morning's music is all organized. Sunday baking is in the oven. Ahhh. #
- Heading into W'burg to plot dark, dark deeds with a friend. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Showing 4 comments
To use up those eggs, try some German pancakes! They call for mega-eggs, so I never get to make them as often as I’d like, but when I do, the kids clean their plates!! 🙂
oh, and here’s a good recipe: http://smittenkitchen.com/2006/12/loopy-breakfast-goodness/
1. I like bacon.
2. I’ll take some eggs! =)
3. How did your dark, dark deed plotting go? Sounded like FUN!
4. It’s good to see you back. Glad you had a good holiday. =)
How fun! I had forgotten completely about German pancakes until seeing it in your comment section. The kids were wowed at dinner last night when each sat down. Our entire crew, German pancakes topped with strawberries, and lively conversation… life doesn’t get much better than that.