- DS18 has arrived in Sydney from Guangzhou. Feel enormously relieved. #
- First week of June! Taking the week off from writing, giving the kids off from school. #
- Will be talking (briefly) about the Duchess of York's apology on the BBC World News tonight–cut your radio on around 4 PM eastern US time. #
- Interview on BBC World News (radio) will air closer to 4:50 PM Eastern US time. #
- BBC interview at http://tinyurl.com/2dzbybw; on far end of "Gaza flotilla: 01 June 10" hour. #
- Look who's back in the news! http://tinyurl.com/23zeprv #
- Back from long morning run and hopped up on endorphins. Constructing great plans for new writing program (plus world takeover). #
- Heading out to drive the pony. #
- Ponies are obnoxious. #
- Spent the afternoon at WaterCountry with the kids. Quite enjoyable as long as I could NOT think about all those other bodies in the water. #
- Thinned peaches this morning, a process which makes me feel that I will NEVER share any of the surviving peaches with ANYONE EVER. #
- On the Jamestown ferry. My GPS is both puzzled and alarmed. #
- Pondering whether or not picnic with good food & interesting people is worth braving zillion-degree heat & Virginia humidity. #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Showing 3 comments
I love the idea of picnics, but the reality usually fizzles for me. My idea of picnics never includes ants, mosquitoes, or other pesky insects; nor does it include heat, humidity, or thunderstorms. But then I had a picnic for my wedding reception, so maybe I’m a romantic at heart.
And yes, ponies can certainly be obnoxious. DD9’s pony, Tappy, which we lease, puts up the biggest fuss when you cinch up the girth. She’s a big baby about it.
Your tweets are hilariously funny. I check your site mostly for the guaranteed laughs! Keep tweeting, so funny!
Will happily swap Virginian humidity for New Zealand freeze and yes, the grass does seem greener…